Fixed Fees Divorce

Divorce Lawyer Payment PlanFixed Fees Divorce FAQ:

What do you mean by Fixed Fees Divorce?

It means that we quote exactly what your attorney fees will be at the beginning of the case, and it won’t change. It’s fixed. We give you 6 stages of litigation. That’s the different dates for payments to be due. If your case is over on day 5 after retaining, you only owe what you have already paid.

What is the difference between a Fixed Fees Divorce and a Flat Fee?

A flat Fee is one rate for the entire case, and it wouldn’t matter when you settle. Fixed Fees Divorce with stages set up (how we do it) breaks up the payments because we have enough experience to break this down into stages. We know where we need a payment due to oncoming litigation and negotiation. That is the stages, and during the initial consultation, we say — Here is what you owe for stage 1 and stage 2 and stage 3, etc. And we tell you the amount and the due date. That’s it.

So it’s attorney’s fees that are fixed, right? Costs are not fixed, correct?

Correct. The client always bears the costs of litigation. For instance: Filing fees with the clerk’s office. That goes to the clerk’s office, We don’t keep that money. It’s set by the state to file your case. Different fees are depending on what you file, so you pay what you need to pay depending on what is filed. We will let you know. Also, there are process sever fees, court reporter fees, and expert fees. Again these are costs you are paying to OTHER PEOPLE, not us. So again, at the beginning of the case, we may not know if there will be an expert involved but if you choose to retain the expert, or pay for deposition costs for court reporters, or use a process server to serve a bunch of people and companies with subpoenas, well, you have to pay for it. Those are not attorneys’ fees.

Need Legal Advice? 
Complete the form below.

E-mail us and we will get back to you. Do not send any sensitive information over the internet.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Need Legal Advice?
Click to Call Us